The Sam Houston Area Council, Boy Scouts of America, is seeking nominations of Chartered Partners that have demonstrated excellence in relationships.a One community-based organization from each district or division will be selected by the Council Relationships Committee to receive recognition each year.
- To encourage excellence in relationships between Chartered Partners and The Sam Houston Area Council.
- To provide examples of excellence in relationships from which others may learn.
- To create an annual recognition providing visibility for recipients of the award.
Nominees are from religious bodies, educational groups, civic/service/fraternal associations, business/industry/labor, and military/veterans’ organizations. Nominees must charter a unit(s) within the Sam Houston Area Council boundaries.
The following are examples of criteria, a combination of which might make a possible candidate for this recognition. This list is not inclusive as there are many other areas that could be considered. Evaluators will look for evidence of the following:
- Demonstrates outstanding or distinctive relationships beyond the normal expectation.
- Provides noteworthy service to youth, contributing to increased youth participation.
- Cooperates with the district and/or council.
- Involves the instructional head in the selection of quality unit leadership.
- Causes greater comprehension in the use of Scouting within the community organization.