The Church of the Good Shepherd
715 Carrell St, Tomball TX, 77355
The Orion District Youth Leadership Summit is an annual overnight training event in the form of a lock-in that build upon on the material from Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops (ILST).
The troop's new youth leadership will have the opportunity to work with National Youth Leadership Training trained youth leaders from around the district. Several troops will pool resources to create a Scout-taught and Scout-led event. Experienced NYLT-trained youth will have the opportunity to refresh their skills be teaching or leading sessions, games, and activities from the ILST curriculum.
Check-in begins Friday night at 7:00 pm and the event starts at 8:00 pm. The event concludes Saturday morning at 7:30 am.
Adults supervision, refreshments, snacks, and some fun activities (e.g., movies).
What to Bring
- BSA Annual Health and Medical Record (Parts A & B for all Scouting events)
- Field and activity uniform
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Pen and paper
- Personal items and medications
- Registration fee - $5 to cover snacks and drinks
- Eat before arriving Friday night
The BSA's Commitment to Safety is ongoing and we want you to know that the safety of our youth, volunteers, staff, and employees cannot be compromised. BSA Guide to Safe Scouting policies must be followed and all participants must follow youth protection guidelines at all Scouting events. Highlights include:
- Two-deep leadership on all outings required.
- No one-on-one contact between adults and youth members.
- The buddy system should be used at all times.
- Discipline must be constructive.
Youth Protection Guidelines Guide to Safe Scouting Enterprise Risk Management
For more information, contact Jim Woods at 713-397-9309.
Register for the Youth Leadership Summit