Orion District Roundtable
November 1, 2018 | 7:00 pm
Orion District serves Scouting units within the boundaries of Tomball ISD and Magnolia ISD. Roundtable is a district monthly meeting typically held the first Thursday of the month at Church of Good Shepherd (715 Carrell St, Tomball, TX 77375) at 7:00 pm to help unit leaders plan and carry out their own program. Roundtable is a form of supplemental training for volunteers. The objective of roundtable is to give leaders program ideas; information on policy, events, and training opportunities; and an opportunity to share experiences and enjoy fun and fellowship with other Scouting leaders. As a result of the roundtable experience, unit leaders will be inspired, motivated, informed, and able to provide a stronger program for their Scouts. Follow our Facebook page.
Recharter Training Workshop
October 11 and November 1, 2018
Every year, all units (packs, troops, crews, ships) are required to renew their affiliation with Scouting. The BSA issues charters to community organizations to enable them to use the Scouting program under their own leadership as a service to their children, youth, and families. Re-chartering is the process of renewing the charter agreement between the BSA and the organization, and renewing the registration of youth and adult members.
Rechartering on time is critical. It is required for Journey to Excellence. It is required for units to continue registration without interruption. It is required to ensure Scouts are registered, critical for receiving rank advancement and other awards, and for insurance coverage.
The Internet Recharter (IR) site will officially open up on November 1, 2018, but there's a lot units can be working on right now to make the recharter process go smooth.
1. Send a representative from the unit to one of the district recharter training sessions:
- October 11, 2018 at Church of Good Shepherd (715 Carrell St, Tomball, TX 77375) at 7:00 pm
- November 1, 2018 at Church of Good Shepherd (715 Carrell St, Tomball, TX 77375) at 7:00 pm
2. Prepare and plan ahead to get recharter done early, as this time of the year is typically very busy. It takes time to gather information and collect fees and signatures.
- Review recharter resources
- Contact your unit commissioner, assistant district commissioner, or district commissioner for assistance
- Sign up for district newsletter
Learn More about Recharter Journey to Excellence